Recently I was asked for books and other literature recommendations on the subjects Continuous Delivery / Deployment, DevOps and Microservices. Here are some of the books, articles and talks I think are worth consuming.
- Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation (Jez Humble & David Farley)
- Reactive Microservices Architecture (Jones Bonér)
- Building Microservices (Sam Newman)
- Build Quality In (Steve Smith & Matthew Skelton)
- Measuring Continuous Delivery (Steve Smith – in progress, not yet published)
Talks & articles
- 2016 State of DevOps Report (Puppet)
- My Monolith is Melting (Talk by Meri Williams)
- Architecting for Continuous Delivery (Article by ThoughtWorks)
- Continuous Delivery Architecture (Article by Jez Humble)
- Legacy Application Strangulation: Case Studies (Article by Paul Hammant)
- Don’t Refactor. Rebuild. Kinda. (Article by Wouter Lagerweij)
- Testing Strategies in a Microservice Architecture (Martin Fowler)
Do you have any other suggestions? Let me know!